Most people use an antivirus without actually thinking about their computer performance and their individual needs. Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions about their software, and their antivirus is no exception. Some, for example, may prefer speed over security, whilst others might not want to pay for something they can get for free. Some may not even mind – as long as they’re protected!
Having an active antivirus is vital. It’s important to pick the right security solution for you and your computer!
This page will help you choose the right solution for your computer.
Recommended Solutions (2015-16):
– Avast! Free Antivirus – www.avast.com/en-gb/index
– AVG Free Antivirus – www.avg.com/gb-en/homepage
– Avira Free Antivirus – www.avira.com
– Bitdefender Antivirus Plus – www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/antivirus.html
– Bitdefender Free Antivirus – www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/free.html
– COMODO Internet Security – www.comodo.com
– ESET NOD32 Antivirus – www.eset.com
– Kaspersky Antivirus – www.kaspersky.com
– McAfee Antivirus Plus – home.mcafee.com/store/antivirus-plus
– Norton Antivirus – us.norton.com
Free – Avast! – Avast! is a powerful solution that is reliable, fast and secure! It’s hard to believe that such good protection is free.
Paid – Bitdefender or Kaspersky – Bitdefender and Kaspersky boast outstanding programs this year!
Speed – Avast!, Avira or Bitdefender Free – Three super-fast solutions to choose from! Avast! offers the protection you deserve at high speeds, whilst Avira and Bitdefender Free are reliable solutions that use minimal resources.
Popularity – Avast!, AVG or Norton – Norton, Avast and AVG are still some of the most well-known antivirus solutions available.
Security – Avast!, Bitdefender or Norton – These three solutions offer probably the best protection against all forms of malware!
Beginner / Default – Bitdefender Free – An automated program with a minimal user interface. With this, you can sit back and relax, because the program does the hard work for you.
Advanced/ User-Based- COMODO Internet Security – Alerts can be intrusive or difficult to deal with at times. Setting changes are recommend – Perfect for advanced users!
Recommended Antivirus of 2014: Bitdefender (Free or Paid) or Kaspersky (Paid) -Two of the strongest antivirus’ today, Bitdefender and Kaspersky are excellent all-round choices.
Strongest Antivirus of 2014: Avast! Free Antivirus – Unbeatable security at the low-low price of free! The perfect solution for a clean PC.
If you ever find yourself in a situation when your computer performance or habits have changed, or your antivirus is unable to remove a threat, try these anti-spyware solutions:
– Malwarebytes Anti-Malware – www.malwarebytes.org
– SUPERAntiSpyware – www.superantispyware.com
– Emsisoft Anti-Malware – www.emsisoft.com/en
– IObit Malware Fighter – www.iobit.com/malware-fighter.html
– Hitman Pro – www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro
(Please note that I do not own the rights to any of the pre-mentioned websites or software. I am neither the creator or owner of any of the specified websites or software).